Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Joys of Having Your Car Broken into

I had the most amazing MLK holiday weekend. I went on a trip to visit my father in Florida. We went deep sea fishing, to the pool and the beach! It was such a relaxing weekend and I was excited to start my week back at school.
Late Monday night I got off of the plane and was headed back to my car. The parking lot was dark, so I quickly put my suitcase in my trunk and got in my car. To my surprise, I had glass shards all in my legs and upper thighs and it honestly took me a good 30 seconds to figure out what had happened. Some lovely stranger through a rock through my back window and stole a bunch of my personal belongings. I think that I didn't notice the glass because I never considered the possibility of my window being busted in at a place where I was paying $25 a day to park.
The items there were stolen from me include: my back pack, my planner, a memory card for my camera, $200 worth of Victoria's Secret workout gear my mom had just bought me for my weight training class, all of my brand new texts books for class, a bunch of clean laundry (bathing suits, shorts, bathing suit cover-ups, t-shirts, blouses, dresses, pants), a bunch of dirty laundry and my dignity.
Honestly, the stuff being stolen isn't that big of a deal. It can be replaced. I think the worse part of the whole thing was having to drive from Atlanta to Athens with a piece of poorly taped plastic over my window. The noise was so loud, my ears are still ringing. Also, now I don't feel safe. I'm paranoid and I don't feel comfortable having anything in my car, which I worked so hard to pay for (not to mention, I've never been in a car accident in my life and I've taken excellent care of my car).
Moral of the story, I have to pay $300 for a new window and pay to replace all of my stolen stuff because someone else is selfish. I'm going to try to stay positive and hope that whoever stole myself is proudly wearing my petite clothes and using my hipster backpack and Lilly Pulitzer planner, although I'm sure it is in a dumpster somewhere.
In general, I'm a super happy person and I love story telling, so in the future, my blog posts won't be as dark, but today was a terrible day.

xoxo,
Lauren

4 comments:

  1. Ugh!!! That is the worst! I can't imagine this happening to me. Hopefully your day gets better! Good news is it's only a four day week! Sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry to hear about that, but I can't wait to hear some more stories in the next few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv had this same thing happen to me. So sorry to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's horrible I am so sorry to hear that! There was a chain of car break ins in my neighborhood a couple Summers ago and my mom made me take everything out of my car every single night and would tell me to even leave my car unlocked so that they wouldn't have to break the window because that is so much trouble to begin with. Hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete