Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Drugstore Makeup Products You Need in Your Life

Are you wanting to update your makeup stash without breaking the bank? I have the perfect affordable makeup options for you! These products are AMAZING quality for a killer price. Also, I have personally tried all of this makeup, so it is coming from first hand experience. I'm going to suggest makeup products from all different categories:

Foundation - Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation. This foundation is cruelty free and amazing. I love it as much as some of my high end foundations. It is only $5.99, so even if you try it and don't life it, it will not break the bank. It has a spatula applicator and it is designed with photography so you won't get flash back in photos.

Concealer - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. I love this product. It is worth the $9.99 price tag. It looks so natural on the skin and I really love the sponge tip applicator. This brand however is not cruelty free, so I will not be repurchasing in the future.

Bronzer - Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. This bronzer is better than any of my expensive high end bronzers. I love it so much. It smells like a tropical drink. It is a little pricey for being at the drugstore, but it will last you forever and I love it so so much.

Blush - Milani Baked Blush (in the shade Luminoso). This blush is amazing. I love the Milani brand. They are cruelty free which is important to me. This blush is $8 and it will last you forever. The color is so beautiful and the formula is amazing.

Liquid Lipstick - Either Colourpop.com or Milani. Colourpop is not technically drugstore, however, it has drugstore prices. They are only $6 and they are amazing quality. Milani is an awesome option as well. 

Eye Shadow - Milani Eye Shadow Palettes. The quality on these is unreal. I don't recommend using the brush. It is not very good. However, the eye shadows themselves rock. They are only $10 for a palette and you get a whole eye look out of that.

Setting Powder - Elf Cosmetics translucent powder. It is only $5 and I use it to set my under eyes and to lightly dust on the rest of my face.

Beauty Sponge - Real Techniques sponge. Only $8. I use a DAMP beauty sponge to apply concealer and foundation to look as natural as possible. 

Hope this suggestions help! I love these products. Let me know if you want to see a high-end version.

9 comments:

  1. What an informative post! Your makeup always looks good so I trust your beauty advice!
    Any affordable face highlighting/contouring you know of??
    Any pricy, but worth it, highlighting/contouring you swear by??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyx has a highlighter palette that is awesome. My favorite drugstore highlighter is $4 from the brand essence... it is amazing dude. I use the Physicians formula butter bronzer to contour, I just use a different brush. I haven't found my perfect counter kit from the drug store yet, but I definitely think NYX would be your best bet.

      Delete
    2. Pricey contour, I suggest Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder in light or the Kat Von D contour kit!

      Delete
  2. Great blog post! I am the type of person who doesn't like to spend a lot of money on makeup and beauty products so this is super helpful! I definitely want to try the setting powder now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super helpful and relevant with Spring Break so rapidly approaching! Any long lasting lip suggestions for the beach? Trying to be fabulous ya feel? Also interested in the contouring @summergiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite liquid lipsticks are either Dose of Colors or Kylie cosmetics (which I didn't want to try at first because I don't like the family, but the lip kits are amazing and worth the money). If you are wanting to pick up something at sephora, I say try Kat Von D. They are my favorite from Sephora and Milani is my favorite drugstore.

      Delete
  4. I own everything but 3 on your list and I love them all! Your post is really cool and informative. I love my high-end makeup but there's such a thrill from finding a gem at the drugstores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is informative! I'm glad you mentioned the trials you've put into it so readers know its a reliable source! Good research is key.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article was super helpful! I always wonder how the Physicians Formula bronzer works but I've never tried it, but maybe I will now! Also, Colourpop liquid lipsticks are everything. They're so cheap and they work so well!! I'll have to try out some of the other stuff you suggested.

    ReplyDelete